1. A non-standard background and face avatar means we believe you may be human.
2. Leave 20 characters or more space in each tweet to improve retweeting.
3. Use Tweetdeck or Hootsuite so you can see more.
4. Linking one update to several communities is technically possible. It’s just not respectful of each community’s uniqueness.
5. Tools like http://bit.ly let you see stats. Use them.
6. Make hashtags small and simple. We need room to tweet.
7. If software allows you to “post updates to Twitter” as well as to the app, don’t do that. We rarely want to see them.
8. If you develop software that pushes updates to Twitter, be VERY explicit how that works.
9. Every time you use OAUTH to give apps permission to use your account, you open a potential security hole. Check your permissions monthly.
10. The best mobile app is the one that you feel comfortable using. We don’t know better.